Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Rad Chariot

Sadly, to move to Sydney I had to 'release' my trusty Malvern Star pushie that my Parents had bought for me in high school. It had done just too many k's and had started bumping into things and wetting it self.

I still wanted a pushie to get me to the station as quick as possible, and fortunately a Bloke at work had one that was "just sitting in the shed" at his place, that I could have for free.

"What's wrong with it?" I ask testing...

"Nothing..." He dismises... "It's a year old and needs a bit of TLC, and it was a cheap bike... only cost him $300"

Erhhh ok sweet? So I checked it out and couldn't belive it!

It was in great condition, only needed pedals, tube and tyre, so my apprentice and I worked on it on the weekend and got it running. I offered him $50 for it but he was kind enough to "just see it go to a good home".

I took it for a spin around Centenial Park and it ran great, gear's will need some more tweeking.

Now to find the back roads between Bondi Junction and Potts Point. Vroom Vroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment